Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Health Expo


Yesterday we had the Health Expo at TAFE. We cooked food and brought it to TAFE to sell. I cooked Thai Fish Cakes that were delicious, if I may say so myself! We talked with Aussie Helpers who get money to help farmers and people who have problems in bush fires. I felt very happy because I could help people in need. I bought $5 raffle tickets to help them too. At 11 a.m. we stared to sell our food and all our dishes were sold by midday. It was a great success because we got almost $163from the sale of our food.

After that we went to find out about health information from all the stalls. I went to find out about pregnancy because it's good for me to know how I can prepare myself if I would like to get pregnant. Then I went to talk with a lady who gave me information about how to save water. There were lots of ways to save water.

In the afternoon we went back to our class. We had just started and about 30 minutes later our teacher Andrew came to our class and told me to go with him because I had won the first prize in the raffle. Wow! I was excited because I won $50 in petrol vouchers! I went back to my class, but soon after they called me again. I had won another $25 dollar voucher for petrol too! Wasn't I lucky? I won not one but two of the Health Expo prizes!
I felt very happy to help with the Health Expo and I had a good day too.

1 comment:

rosa ochoa said...

Great recount! i like your sledshows too! Nice pictures, if I may say so!